About Me

My photo
Welcome to jazzCenter. If you are a Jazz fan, answer this question: Have you ever sat and watched a Jazz game on National television and realized that the team the Jazz are playing, no matter who it is, is getting a lot of recognition and publicity? If so, then this site is for you. This will be a place for you to show your pride as a Jazz fan, and express frustrations and excitement for the team. As a follower you can send in pictures, take polls each week, throw out ideas about what the Jazz should do for the future. This will be a site to hopefully give the Jazz, a small market team in the NBA, the recognition they deserve. I hope you will also share this site with others who you know who are fans of the Utah Jazz.

Monday, February 20, 2012

Jazz vs Rockets

http://youtu.be/zCcfAsfByL4


Utah Jazz 85  Houston Rockets 101  Final


Two things I knew going into the game against the Houston Rockets. First, I knew that Al Jefferson was going to get his numbers. He's playing so well right now, and that's on both ends of the floor. The second thing I knew, the Jazz were going to let someone have a career night. I figured it was going to be a nobody like Patrick Patterson, or Sam Dalembert. We did a pretty good job against Kevin Martin, but I really should have known it was going to be Kyle Lowry. Look at how many point guards are eating up the Jazz. I am getting sick and tired of watching the Jazz let the point guards on each team just take over the games like this. Scary to think that the next game they play the Spurs with Tony Parker. Watch him go for 50 tonight!

As usual, the Jazz keep the game close, but then half way through the 3rd they just let the other team punch them in the mouth over and over to where they don't know what to do. CJ Miles decides he wants to foul the same guy (Courtney Lee), in back to back positions, in the same spot.

Is it just me, or has our bench play gone way down? I watch them, and I just don't see the Jazz having that edge against other teams anymore. The Jazz could get a lead, and the bench could come in and either contain it or build on it. I feel they haven't been able to do that in some time.

I feel the Jazz need to trade Millsap now! He had a great offensive game last night, but Louis Scola took him all night long. Millsap could not stop him. I know everyone out there is a huge Millsap fan, but if you are a Jazz fan, then it's time to start getting Favors and Kanter more minutes and develop them. Right now Millsap could get the Jazz a lot in return. I will make this the new poll.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, Jess, I agree, trade Millsap for a future draft pick(s), and get the younger players some experience. High time we accepted we're not a playoff team, so let's use the rest of season to develop our players for future, and that will be Kanters and Favors. Jerry Sloan would never concede a season as a "rebuilding season," but Ty Corbin might not be averse to doing it. Very impressive blog sight Jess, I look forward to keeping up with your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just feel that Favors needs to be getting as many minutes as the other players in his draft class. Millsap has a ton of heart, but he has been struggling lately because of the bigger players. Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but either bring him off the bench to play against the lesser players from other teams or trade him, and I prefer the latter.

    ReplyDelete