About Me

My photo
Welcome to jazzCenter. If you are a Jazz fan, answer this question: Have you ever sat and watched a Jazz game on National television and realized that the team the Jazz are playing, no matter who it is, is getting a lot of recognition and publicity? If so, then this site is for you. This will be a place for you to show your pride as a Jazz fan, and express frustrations and excitement for the team. As a follower you can send in pictures, take polls each week, throw out ideas about what the Jazz should do for the future. This will be a site to hopefully give the Jazz, a small market team in the NBA, the recognition they deserve. I hope you will also share this site with others who you know who are fans of the Utah Jazz.

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Jazz vs Lakers

 As a Jazz fan, I don't know where to begin to tell you how happy I was to see the Jazz give the Lakers a full on beat down. Do I start with all the "fake" Laker fans who go to the game? I can't stand watching the game and hearing all the cheers for the Lakers when they score. Sadly, most of those Lakers "fans" probably couldn't tell you much about the teams history, former players, or anything about any of the other player who are on the team now. They just know Kobe, Gasol, and Bynum, and Fisher. They probably don't even realize that Metta World Peace is actually Ron Artest. That's how educated those "real fans" are of the Lakers.
I Love watching Kobe Bryant cry! He knows that the Jazz fans hate him, and we know, as Jazz fans, that he hates us. I love watching Kobe get mad at his teammates when they don't make an open shot. Doesn't he realize that first of all, his teammate wasn't expecting a pass because he never does the first 46 minutes of the game, and secondly, its got to be tough to make a shot if its your first one and you have no rhythm at all. I love the picture to the side, because it tells me that Kobe is a team player.

Many of you might agree with me, but many of you might disagree with me as well, but watching last nights game, I have full confidence in Grodon Hayward guarding Kobe at this point of his career. While he was guarding him, Gordon not only challenged every shot he took, but if it wasn't a jump shot, Hayward tried to block his shot every time (see side picture). Raja gets in there and loves to get physical with Kobe, but I feel at this point, Kobe sees that too much and by now is used to it. Gordon is more soft spoken, but is willing to get physical against him. Plus he has a little more size on him than Raja.


One other thought I had while watching this game last night. I want everyone's thoughts on this idea as well. I feel, against the Lakers only, the Jazz should start Kanter for Millsap. Kanter has proven to be able to hold his own against Bynum. Then you could slide Jefferson over to take on Gasol. I know everyone likes Millsap on the offensive end against Gasol, but just think of what he could do against the Lakers bench. Now the Jazz would match up with the Lakers front court with size, without losing scoring with Jefferson being guarded by Gasol. Then you add more scoring and more defense on the second units front court.

Do you agree or disagree?

2 comments:

  1. I love to see the Lakers get beat. I love to see Kobe try to take the game over by himself and fail. I love to see Fisher miss shots. Switching Millsap for Kanter amy work, I am in favor of whatever it take sto beat the Lakers. Funny how a Non-AllStar team can beat a team with 3 All Stars. Voting needs to be changed. Take tha fans out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not as knowledgeable in regards to what's going on from an analytical standpoint, but I will say that basketball is wonderful--as well as all sports, for that matter. I love watching sports because they're a meraphor for life. I love to see young guys like Gordon Hayward do well, despite the fact that he had a very rough welcome to Utah, to say the least. It's encouraging to see how he's been able to win-over the fans of Utah. When I was a kid I looked up to the players, but now that I'm older than 90 % of all the players I can't get too caught up emotionally in what goes on. Hopefully, at this point, just watching sports can serve as a way for me to find, perhaps a small bit of inspiration to tough it put inu own life when things get hard.

    ReplyDelete