About Me

My photo
Welcome to jazzCenter. If you are a Jazz fan, answer this question: Have you ever sat and watched a Jazz game on National television and realized that the team the Jazz are playing, no matter who it is, is getting a lot of recognition and publicity? If so, then this site is for you. This will be a place for you to show your pride as a Jazz fan, and express frustrations and excitement for the team. As a follower you can send in pictures, take polls each week, throw out ideas about what the Jazz should do for the future. This will be a site to hopefully give the Jazz, a small market team in the NBA, the recognition they deserve. I hope you will also share this site with others who you know who are fans of the Utah Jazz.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Utah Jazz vs Dallas Mavericks

Last nights game had me going through a lot of emotions. There were times where I was excited, upset, ticked off, annoyed and disappointed. I knew this was going to be a tough game for the Jazz heading in, but to be quite honest with you, I wasn't expecting the Jazz to lose either. I felt that with the Jazz being at home, and as of late putting on dominant performances (minus Lakers game), and having the youth and with Dallas playing the night before, should've had the upper hand.

A few things I would like to point out about the game:
1- No matter what game I watch on TNT, if Reggie Miller is the commentator, we are in for a long, long night of some dumb comments. Not only that, TNT makes sure that Reggie's older brother Cheryl Miller does the side interviewing. Excuse my typing. I meant to say sister. It's just every time I see Cheryl, I can't help but think how... never mind.

2- I officially DO NOT like Dirk No"skillz"ski. What a baby! He picked up a Technical Foul going into half-time for slamming the ball. His team was up 59-50.  Then later in the game after getting Derrick Favors to draw an offensive foul he then slapped the ball away from Favors.

3- I have a ton of RESPECT for Earl Watson. After what Dirk did to Favors last night, I loved seeing him back up his player and walk right up and do the same thing but then was ready to "man up". It looked almost like Dirk was scared. Although some feel he should be starting for the Jazz, He serves the Jazz better coming off the bench. He's the one who controls the success of the 2nd unit guys.

4- The last few games have belonged to Paul Millsap. Yes, he did have a good game last night, but the match up I was looking more towards, especially in the 2nd half, was Jefferson vs Haywood. Jefferson should have just faced the basket every time against Haywood and he should've just blown right by him. Haywood is so slow, there's no way he could have stopped him.

5- The last few things I wanted to point out (in my opinion) about the game last night was the disappearance of Raja Bell. Playing well the last few games. He doesn't score all that much, but his intensity level has been high as of late. It was at a low last night. Maybe guarding Delonte West and Jason Kidd isn't that much of a thrill as a Kobe. Also, Devin Harris, not just last night, but the whole season is awful at finishing at the rim.  Enes Kanter, who I feel is a solid guy off the bench, needs to know that you can't come down with a rebound then pump fake 1 time and then expect to not get your shot blocked. He needs to try to hurt someone when he goes back up to score. He's a pretty good free throw shooter. Finally, I liked watching Gordon attack the hoop and just dunk it. And I still can't believe Derrick Favors was ejected from the game last night.

6- Last but not least, everyone see Rodrigue Beaubois try and dunk the ball last night? He was about 5 feet short from the hoop and then just threw the ball at the hoop.  What the!?

Nest Game: January 21 vs. Minnesota Timberwolves

4 comments:

  1. Devin Harris blows. Earl Watson Should start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, it looked more to me like Dirk was just slightly annoyed by Earl Watson's tactics. However, I must agree that Earl Watson is better than Devin Harris, and in watching the game last night I was surprised to see Devin come in for Earl late in the fourth quarter. Personally I think that decision lost the game for the Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with all 6 points. Might I add that I hate watching games on TNT! The camera angles they have made up for someone to watch the game is ridiculous. Half the time I could see more of the bald guys head on row 10 than I could see of the court. They need to stop trying to express their artistic side and just let us watch the game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister like Brother- I couldn't stand watching the game on TNT either. Usually it's because of the Miller Brothers but this time it was also the camera views. What the heck? People want court side tickets not upper deck seats so use the camera down on the floor. I'm a couple days late but here is my view on Harris. He and Earl are equals and I like Earl with the second team more because its more run and gun. And believe it or not Harris is a much better shooter that earl so when he is in with the starters he can spot up for the kick outs with Paul and Big Al. If we traded him we would get a worse player and something for the future or we would get a really good player and Earl wouldn't get the playing time he needs with the second team. Conclusion is that I think they both play their roles well. Look at Raja, we were all calling for his head and now his laying great. There's a reason Harris has been in the league as long as he has been and was once an All-Star, because he's really good.

    ReplyDelete