About Me

My photo
Welcome to jazzCenter. If you are a Jazz fan, answer this question: Have you ever sat and watched a Jazz game on National television and realized that the team the Jazz are playing, no matter who it is, is getting a lot of recognition and publicity? If so, then this site is for you. This will be a place for you to show your pride as a Jazz fan, and express frustrations and excitement for the team. As a follower you can send in pictures, take polls each week, throw out ideas about what the Jazz should do for the future. This will be a site to hopefully give the Jazz, a small market team in the NBA, the recognition they deserve. I hope you will also share this site with others who you know who are fans of the Utah Jazz.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Jazz vs Thunder


Utah Jazz   97
OKC Thunder  90   FINAL






I love watching the Utah Jazz games. I was talking to some of my friends the other night about the game over the Lakers and how impressed I was with the young guys and how they stepped up and showed they were not intimidated by them. Burks could care less who Kobe was, and Kanter showed he was willing to push back against Bynum. Then we looked forward to the Jazz next game; Oklahoma City Thunder. I had mentioned that even if the Jazz were to lose, and I thought they would, I wouldn't care as long as they showed a good effort and the young guy's continue to get the minutes they deserve. I must thank my dad for texting me. He knows I never watch the games live, but he was so excited that he couldn't hold back his excitement and said "GO TO GUY PM". The PM stood for Paul Millsap. Millsap played great. He has been playing great. I had mentioned to my dad that I didn't think Millsap was a go to guy. He is starting to prove me wrong. I also will be the first to say that I don't like Miles on the floor, but 2 games in a row he has done a pretty good job against 2 really good players in Bryant and Durant. 

I have said this before, but you know the "superstar" on the opposing team will always get his numbers, but even though Westbrook got his, Durant didn't.  But what's even more impressive, the Jazz (knock on wood) have learned how to play a full 48 minutes and can close games even if the other team makes a final run. KEEP IT UP JAZZ!

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

4 comments:

  1. Because I live in no mans land here in Washington where is snows 8 months a year and you only see the sun 20 minutes a day I haven't been able to catch the last 3 games which have been the best 3 games of the season according to all of my family. The other day the wind got so bad out here that it blew over my dish and it cracked in half. Anyway, i don't have much of an opinion because I haven't seen the games but I have been listening to DJ and PK and when PK is impressed we should all be unpressed. I for one am a big fan of the new rotation leaving Bell out of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, here's an idea for a future post. Which sports talk radio station provides the best jazz coverage, 1280 the zone, or 1320 Kfan. (I know there are two other local sports talk stations in the Salt Lake market but I don't know anything about those) You could break each station down into their different shows and hosts, and cite strengths and weaknesses for each one. 1320 is often criticized for being a "homer" station that provides biased coverage, because of course they are owned by the Miller group. I know you listen to both stations, so you could give us some insight as to which station does what better. It's all very subjective, I know, but I think it would make for a cool post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, I listen to sports radio all the time, but I mostly listen to 1280 the Zone. I'm a big fan of Gordon Monson and his show. If you go and ask the person who made the first comment, his name is Andrew, my younger brother, and he listens to 1320 all day long. I usually change the channel to 1320 once 1280 starts to talk about either golf, or BYU or U of U football. 1280 does a good job inviting the opposing teams play-by-play announcers coming on the show and talking about both teams. 1280 also has Brian T. Smith who is a Jazz insider on the show the day after every game.

      Delete
    2. Cool. I also listen to 1280 the zone most of the time. Like you I only change the station when they start talking about soccer or golf.

      Delete