About Me

My photo
Welcome to jazzCenter. If you are a Jazz fan, answer this question: Have you ever sat and watched a Jazz game on National television and realized that the team the Jazz are playing, no matter who it is, is getting a lot of recognition and publicity? If so, then this site is for you. This will be a place for you to show your pride as a Jazz fan, and express frustrations and excitement for the team. As a follower you can send in pictures, take polls each week, throw out ideas about what the Jazz should do for the future. This will be a site to hopefully give the Jazz, a small market team in the NBA, the recognition they deserve. I hope you will also share this site with others who you know who are fans of the Utah Jazz.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jazz vs Pistons




 105 - 90  FINAL
http://www.nba.com/games/20120312/DETUTA/gameinfo.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2012031226


This was a good game for the Utah Jazz. I was a little worried there for a while. A small part of me, very small, was telling me that Rodney Stuckey was going to win this game for the Pistons. Thankfully in the 4th quarter, the Jazz, along with the play of one Al Jefferson took over. Jefferson was questionable for tonights game after the passing of his grandmother on Sunday, but I'm glad he played tonight. Just go look at his stat line. 14-18 from the line with 12 boards. It was good to see Favors as well. Every game, although he's not scoring a lot, is starting to look better and more comfortable on the floor. He's a solid player when he get the ball and just goes up as high as he can to put the ball in the hoop. I wish I could say the same for Kanter. I know he is a rookie and all, but he looked more comfortable at the beginning of the season. Now he looks lost and uncomfortable, and timid playing just 9 minutes and 2 points and only 1 rebound.

I did, however, feel a sense of relief as I was watching the game. Suddenly CJ Miles decided to show up. I know his numbers are insanely different when you compare his HOME games to AWAY games, but thank you for actually hitting a shot tonight.  With the trade deadline only being 4 days away, I still wonder what the Jazz plans are with CJ Miles. For far too long, people have been waiting for this guy, and for too long we keep telling ourselves to be patient and that he is worth the risk "for now", but I say enough is enough. We have to let him go.

My other big beef about tonights game comes two-fold. We heard about this "internal matter" situation with Raja Bell. My thoughts were he was upset about not getting enough playing time. When was the last time you actually saw him out on the floor at the end of a game? Now you have Corbin saying everything is good, and suddenly Bell is on the court, when the game was close, and he then finishes the game? You have got to be kidding me! Maybe Corbin is wanting to be liked by Raja rather than being respected. At the end of the game you need to either have Hayward in the game or Burks. Those guys will actually do something for you. And some might say he was out there to guard Stuckey, but he did all game long and couldn't do anything.  27 minutes, 0-2 shooting, 0-1 3Pt shooting, 1-2 FT, 4 rebounds, 2 fouls, and 1 POINT was Raja's line. I know we got the win, but I have no clue why Corbin had him out there.  You could have given Burks at least 10-12 of those minutes.

I love this picture of Earl Watson. I have to say, since the change in the line-up, I have noticed a difference in the play from the Jazz bench. I don't think it's where it was at the beginning of the season, but I do feel it has gotten much better the last few games. Is it Hayward, now taking on a more offensive role now? Or is it Derrick Favors looking more aggressive lately? What ever it is, I know a lot of it has to do with Earl and his toughness, and leadership. When a guy is scoring at will on you, he showed its time to dig deep and go after him and rough him up


4 comments:

  1. Definitely not ok with Burks getting a DNP. Corbin is really weird with his rotations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w you Jess. Corbin pulled a majore appeasement job by giving Raja minutes at the expense of Burkes. Can you say "placate."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont understand Corbin. Apperantly putting the best product on the floor at all times doesnt mean anything to him. The Jazz need all the games they can get to make it into the playoffs and he's putting his worst player on the court in crunch time. Jazz need to dump Bell and Miles and keep bringing up their young guys who are actually effective.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still like that win though. We need more blowouts like that.

    ReplyDelete